The Taylor Estate was purchased by Mr and Mrs. Robert W. Taylor Sr. in 1927 as their summer residence. They summered there with their three sons and this family home has remained in the Taylor family since then. From the original cottage, the Taylors expanded the house to the west with an eating porch that has a sleeping porch overhead. These rooms have windows on three sides that welcome the morning sun. In l938 the architect, Carl Cornwell Tallman designed the Big Room to house Mr. Taylor’s collections of antique guns, Native American artifacts and upstate antique furniture. Two barns were dismantled to provide the beams and wood paneling on the walls and floors. An original Bruce English setter oil painting was commissioned for the fireplace, giving the room a warm and welcoming feel.